Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hold On To That Feeling

Last night was a really good night. Volunteered at a soup kitchen in Collingwood with Ven, Isaac, Sarah and Tim. We made sandwiches and went to the housing commission flats in Richmond to deliver the food to needy families. It's a real eye-opener to how some people, including kids, have to live. You can't help but be appreciative of what you have once you see what others don't. And they're so thankful for just a few ham and cheese sandwiches and some chicken noodle soup. It kind of makes me ashamed at how often I say I have no clothes to wear or how there's no food at home. And to be honest, if my mum gave me ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner I would probably refuse to eat them. It's such a blessing to be able to serve. It really is.

Love, Julia

2 comments:

SHA said...

I WISH I COULD'VE GONE.
I'm coming next time.
Next time you come to my house, I'll feed you ham & cheese sandwiches.

Julia Donald said...

yes come! i'm doing it every second wednesday now :)
hahahahaha ok :P and when is the next time i'm going to your house?