Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy June 20th :)

So today Shehara goes to me 'Today it's June 20th!'. I look at her like she's a complete idiot...well duh it's June 20th...tomorrow it's June 21st...WOW. She stared at me waiting for it to click. AND OMGOSH. THE JOURNEE OF JUNE 20TH 1792!! As if I didn't remember it! So much for the 50 :P (For those non revsies, the June 20th journee was where the sansculottes stormed the Tuilieries Palace in Paris demanding a whole heap of stuff. And no I couldn't even remember that. I spent practically the whole of English reading about it on wikipedia :D )
It's not an isolated memory lapse either. The other day I was reading something and the words 'Compte Rendu' came up. They sounded SO familiar but I couldn't figure out why...I knew it was something to do with revs...but other than that I had no clue. To be completely honest I thought it was some important person HAHAHAHAH I'm such an idiot. I googled it and then remembered (with wikipedias help) that it was Necker's account of the French finances at the time :P HAHAHAHAHHA I seriously need to reread the textbook or sit in on a revs class. I can't believe I have such a bad memory :D

Ooooh english was sooo boring today. And Morrissey came up and asked me what point I was making in one of my sac paragraphs. HAHAHAHAHA well now I guess I know what my sac mark will be: BAD. Ah I love english...NOT.

I'm so glad it's the weekend though...this week went for ages. Now there's only one more week till the holidays! And only 12 days till Cairns!! I can't wait :D Desperately need some sun. And a tan would be nice though I'll probably come back red rather than brown. I'm so pale now but yay sun in 12 days :) It's 26 degrees there these days :D

Paleness clearly evident here:

Me, Tam and Cam at Tam and Mel's 18th (plus Squish in the background - she's too dark to be seen :D )

I'm skipping special tuition again tomorrow. Yay :D

Love, Julia

No comments: