Monday, January 11, 2010

12 Hours

I can't believe it's already here. In just 7 hours I'll be leaving home and in 12 hours, leaving the country for a crazy 5 weeks in a spanish-speaking country, knowing of course, zero spanish and relying solely on the iTranslate on my ipod.
Definitely feeling mixed feelings. On the one hand my brain is screaming 'What the heck were you thinking?! You don't know anyone on this trip, you don't speak the language and do you SERIOUSLY want to go without hot water for two weeks?!' But on the other hand I know that this will be an experience that I'll never forget, a real adventure with memories that nobody else will ever understand. And so I'm excited. Sad yes, to be leaving my family for 5 weeks, but so excited to be off on my own exploring a place that makes people say 'what?! where IS that?!'.
This is so out of my comfort zone but I have faith that He'll protect me and guide me throughout the next 40 days as He has my entire life.

Love, Julia

No comments: