Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Beach - Sunscreen = Raw, Red, Painful Sunburn

Oh man, so incredibly burnt. I even have a sunglass tan. Not kidding. My face is brown/red except for where my sunnies where which is white. I would take a photo but it's too embarrassing. Here are my legs instead (and my lovely pj's :P). And it's MUCH much worse in real life. The camera seems to take pity on me. How did I get so sunburnt you ask? I was lying on my tummy reading Jane Eyre :P ahahhaha...

And it hurts too, everytime I bend my knee...I was meant to go to the Aus Open today but I'm glad I didn't...the only thing I can wear to cover up the sunburn without it rubbing against it is my pajama pants. Me and Mum went to pick up my new bookcase from Ikea and I was walking for about half an hour with my jeans rubbing against my sunburn and it absolutely KILLED to walk anymore.

Moral of the story: wear sunscreen to the beach or be prepared to wear pj pants for the next week.

So what else have I been up since I last blogged? Definately no homework that's for sure... I saw Atonement with Gabby...actually funny story, on NYE Linley and I watched Becoming Jane...and so did Gabby with her family on the same night. The next day Gabby and I saw Atonement which Linley saw with her family on the exact same day ahaha...completely unplanned :P I saw 27 Dresses with Mum as well which was really really good :) Last Friday Linley's family and mine went blueberry picking up in Toolangi and then went to her old house in Healesville and then to a creak where we soaked each other with water bottles which left us shivering when it started to rain :P Ooh I also got to add 2/3 hours to my driving log since I drove there...the total now stands at about 23 hrs...only 97 more to go hahaha...

Oooh I forgot about Planetshakers! It was REALLY REALLY good I thought...and the speakers were amazing! Definately worth the $90 I reckon. Now I can't wait for Easter Camp!

Yesterday me, Andrea, Amy, Libby, Sarah, Kasten, Fiona, Jess, Nicole and Venetia took the bus down to Mordialloc beach for the day (where a few of us got burnt). Afterwards we went back to Sarah's house for pizza and karaoke. It was such a nice day :)

Other than that, nothing much has been happening. Jonathan's room is being painted blue and green, the kittens are growing SO fast...and school is in 2 weeks *cries*...year 12...gosh we're old as. Still have to do my holiday homework, go stationary shopping and get textbooks....I'm so not ready to start year 12...

Love much

Julia



No comments: