Sunday, February 1, 2009

Let The Good Times Roll

It's been so long since I blogged that I actually forgot my password. And the January tab has no posts at all under it. Aaw. Poor neglected blog. I'll try take better care of you this year.

Just to get y'all back up to speed:
- Life post-results was/is amazing. Such a relief knowing I never have to think about year 12 or VCE again. The media stuff afterwards was funny but pretty cool haha. Actually more embarrassing. I'm just glad I didn't hear myself on the radio. Apparently I sounded like I had a lisp thanks to these stupid braces.
- CHINA! Ok this deserves a full post with pictures. It was such an amazing trip though.
- 19/1/09 Uni offers! That day we were meant to go to the beach but our neighbours gave us two free Rod Laver Arena passes to the Aus Open so me and Andrea spent the day there, watching Andy Roddick and Novak Djokovic thrash these randoms. And of course waiting 2 hours for a Garnier pack. All in all, over $110 worth of free stuff :D After that we went to Fed Square to get the Herald Sun's they were giving away to check our offers. Despite being clearly above the clearly-in it was actually still nervewracking but another relief to see my first pref there: BIOMED AT MELBOURNE :)
- 20/1/09 I was on the tram with the PLCers to the beach when I got THE call! It was a lady from Melbourne Uni offering me a scholarship! $6000 a year means I can definately go on a mission trip this year but the best part is, it effectively ended all nagging from my mother about getting a job :D Ah best two days ever.
- 27/1/09 Academic Advice Day - was so exhausting! From 9 till 5 me and Venetia ran all across campus listening to info session after info session with only a half hour break in the middle. I still haven't decided on my breadth subjects yet. Torn between French and Chinese :( I'm so excited about uni though. Can't wait to start :D

I'll blog about China later. Right now I am being eaten alive by mozzies.

Love, Julia

No comments: